Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm thinking about you.

You asked me who I think about.
Oh, how I wish I could say, I think about you.
I'm thinking about you like people think about money, like bears think about honey.
How the Joker thinks It's funny,
how much I think about you.
I think about you like artists think about art, like love thinks about hearts and hearts think about love.
Like cupid thinks about love.  How kids think about mud.
No, I don't know what love is or how to explain it, but I know I love thinking about you.
I'm thinking about you like misery thinks about happiness, like the sky thinks about stars.
How paparazzi think about stars, like aliens think about mars.
I'm thinking about you like guys think about girls and girls think about guys.
Like Juliet thinks about Romeo, like those kids who love the song we know.
I'm thinking about you like yesterday dreams about tomorrow, like dancers think about dancing and surfers think about the waves and fish think about the ocean, how girls think about drama and actors think about drama and how sluts think about karma?
...
It doesn't matter what the comparison is, I'm always thinking about you.
You felt the awkward, long pause and you asked again who I think about.
I replied, "I could be in a room full of people and feel alone, until I'm thinking about them."
Until I'm thinking about you.

5 comments: