Sunday, September 18, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I walk alone.
I walk alone.

These streets are filled with people, scribbled in every space.
Yet,  that doesn't matter. No matter what I try to do, no one can hear my vibrant voice.
I see a BROKEN TYPEWRITER with nothing but a sentence written.

I walk alone.
I walk alone.

Broken buildings, washed out streets, ruined cars are what I see.
I see a jar of unspoken words.
Billboards plastered with dancing people, because dancing with you is a broken dream.

I walk alone.

I see a broken stethoscope,
a rusty needle,
a split scalpel.
A shattered heart.
I see a couple holding hands.

I walk...

Being a good kid comes with a cheap price.
I feel gossip drip out of young people's lips like poison.
I walk into a deserted Jazz lounge.
I see a broken, dusty piano.  
Keys on the floor, crushed.
I walk outside, I can't see those lovely stars.
A raindrop splashes my face; cold as the Arctic Ocean.
I  s e e  a n  a b a n d o n e d  w e d d i n g  a l t e r with wilted, white roses and thorns intertwined. 
Thorns jostle my heart and dreams. 

I walk alone.

15 comments:

  1. Reading this post....it made me feel so much...the whole ending brings up so many emotions! I want to thank you for writing so well! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is the jar of unspoken words!! I can't count the many times I've had my own jar of unspoken words, it's definitely a broken dream. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I s e e a n a b a n d o n e d w e d d i n g a l t e r with wilted, white roses and thorns intertwined." I really like that idea. You know with marriages, relationships, and just love in general, its like that. You are forever intertwined with each other because of the feelings you shared together. Its either a nice look vine or a thorn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love da portion about people being scribbled into every space. "Wicked" cool man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all the words you used like, Intertwined, and Jostle:) Supreme writing:):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I see a jar of unspoken words." this line is so good and the rest of your writing is fantastic, great job being descriptive, could see the piano, the alter, everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. So really good. I kept on coming up with so many different lines that I loved. So here's just one of them: "...dancing with you is a broken dream."

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'because dancing with you is a broken dream.' Loved that line. Shows relevance at the end talking about the shattered alter and thing having to do with the wedding ceremony. Great post, even better blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Billboards plastered with dancing people, because dancing with you is a broken dream." i loved this, your writing has so much to say, and so much emotion. With the billboards, it's like you're saying how it's this huge reminder in front of you, of something you didn't get to do. such a good way to portray that

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you make it so the person had a lot of dreams that didn't come true. I love how you worded everything and how unique this is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're one of the best writers here. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is very good. I like it a lot! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked that this involved many topics.

    "a jar of unspoken words."
    Like the opposite of a curse jar.

    ReplyDelete