Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jealousy.

My Father moved through dooms of Love
- E.E. Cummings


"and nothing quite so least as truth.
--i say though hate were why men breathe--
because my Father lived his soul
love is the whole and more than all"




This was a long poem, but I couldn't stop reading it.  The way E.E. Cummings writes, makes you want to keep reading and figure out exactly what he's trying to say.  I think it's talking about how good love can be when you feel the different emotions when you love someone; also how horrible love can be.  The main point though, is no matter how bad or hard you love someone, you can't protect them from hurt and things that you can't control.

I had no idea what this poem even meant.  This poem has so many different sides to it, it has deeper meanings and he says things without saying them; it makes me want to write like him.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. e.e. cummings is one of those old dead white guys who doesn't really write like an old dead white guy. I like that.

    "I had no idea what this poem even meant." Some of my favorite poems are like that. Some of my favorite songs. Some of my favorite quotes from movies. That doesn't mean all poetry must confuse. But there are things you can get away with in poetry (obscurity, lack of clarity) that you can't in other areas of life. That's what I love about it. Because when you're talking about topics such as love, it's freaking obscure and unclear sometimes.

    ReplyDelete